The Highlights of Indochina
Trip code: THOI
Price from: £2,195
This is a carefully planned itinerary for those looking to experience the highlights Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia on an economical two-week trip. From the lively Cambodian capital of Phnom Penh fly to Siem Reap for two days touring the temples of Angkor. Continue to Laos with a short stay in the capital, followed by three days in the perennial favourite Luang Prabang to explore this beautiful town. Fly to Hanoi in northern Vietnam and enjoy an overnight Halong Bay cruise, before travelling the length of the country to Saigon, stopping off en route at Imperial city of Hue and the delightful old port of Hoi An.
1. London to Phnom Penh: via Kuala Lumpur with Malaysian Airlines.
2. Phnom Penh: transfer to your hotel for a 1 night stay. Afternoon tour.
3. Phnom Penh - Siem Reap: fly to Siem Reap. Afternoon tour of Ta Prohm & Banteay Srei.
4. Siem Reap / Angkor: full day tour of Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom & Bayon.
5. Siem Reap - Vientiane: fly to Vientiane. Afternoon city tour.
6. Vientiane - Luang Prabang: fly to Luang Prabang for a 2 night stay.
7. Luang Prabang: morning walking tour of the ancient temple district.
8. Luang Prabang - Hanoi: fly to Hanoi for a 2 night stay.
9. Hanoi: half day city tour.
10. Hanoi - Halong Bay: overnight cruise on Huong Hai.
11. Halong Bay - Hue: return to Hanoi and fly to Hue.
12. Hue - Hoi An: morning tour of the Imperial sights. Drive to Hoi An.
13. Hoi An: day at leisure to explore at your own pace.
14. Hoi An - Saigon: fly to Saigon for a 1 night stay.
15. Saigon - London Heathrow: via Kuala Lumpur with Malaysian Airlines.
16. Arrive in London Heathrow